"When I graduated from nursing in 1971 there were no jobs in Canada so I went travelling to Europe. I'd been in the Canary Islands for Xmas and was able to write to Jamie who was in India then I think. I travelled to western Africa (Spanish Sahara) and up into Morocco, then up through Spain and north until I got to Switzerland. I was travelling with a lovely woman from Delta BC then, named Cheri, and we went to Geneva to meet Jamie at a hostel there. He'd been travelling west from India all that time. The hostel was closed which was a huge disappointment. Cheri and I found out where the nearest hostel to Geneva was and hitch hiked there (our main mode of transportation in those days). And guess what? There was Jamie! He was at that hostel too. All of us smoked cigarettes and drank coffee together and it was fantastic to be together. Now it's easier to hook up with people because communication has improved so much. I'm sure it'll be a wonderful rendezvous for all of you."
What a riot eh!
No comments:
Post a Comment