22.11.07

Movin' On

I am going to Calgary tonight. I am leaving Winterpeg for the Prairies and heading west, west, west. After a mere 18 hours on the hound tonight and tomorrow I will be arriving in Calgary tomorrow evening and Marcy is going to meet me at the bus depot! MARCY!! MARRRCY!! I have Michael James' phone number too so I am looking forward to seeing him and Mae also this weekend - maybe Friday night, maybe for Sunday dinner? I haven't seen them since they moved either.
The level of stokedtude is increasing the further west I am going.
Last night we went over to Leah's sister Maryam's house for dinner. Maryam and her son Jake made pizza. Last time I was here Jake was a little boy, well, a teenager, and now he's 20 and taller than his mom which is weird but good because if he was shorter that would be unfortunate as Maryam is even shorter than Leah!

We ate pizza and watched tv and it was just like the other time I went to their house five years ago on my way across Canada! It was nice to relax.I am so freakin' happy to be in Winnipeg (even though I was secretly hoping that Leah and Jeff hated it here so they would move back to BC but that is clearly not the case as they love it and have a wonderful life here) as it's wintry and fun and so very good to visit with Leah, who is my fairy Aunt.

Today I am back in the studio with Leah and she is working (with an electric hand sander, of course) and I am doing postcards. Anybody feeling left out, not got one in a while? Now's the time to speak up, since I am only going a few more places before the trip is over!

No comments: