I arrived last night by bus and Leah met me. We drove to their house which I have never visited since they moved here two years ago and I was excited to see. It is a nice house but they hate it, I don't know why, Leah says because it's noisy and only temporary. I love it because they're in it and it's full of their good stuff. She cooked yummy dinner while I drank wine and we visited. We ate yummy dinner (spinach salad and bread and Thai-inspired coconut and shrimp soup) and Jeff came home and then we all visited even more. I met their nephew Noah who's living with them. Today we got cinnamon buns and Bengal Spice tea for breakfast and Leah and I walked to the studio, in the snow! It's crisp and cold and snowy out and everything is covered with white white snow.This whole neighbourhood (called the Exchange) is really neat, lots of old brick buildings with the faded adverts painted on the side and gallery spaces and shops and cafes. Portage Ave has all its seasonal decorations up and I love it! It's Canada!
I took some pictures of Leah doing her art (I can't even start talking about it without the pictures - I can't explain) but I can't upload them yet, so I will have to wait to give all the details of her new project.
The photo top left is the studio, and here bottom right is their kitchen in the morning sun!
3 comments:
You're in an art studio. Great! What a change from Korea. Hope you're enjoying the change of scenery.
Oh yes, what do you call a guy with no arms and no legs hanging on a wall?
Art!
Tell them we miss them and love them, but just not the snow! It is exciting that you are there and doing what we did in the summer, but I never went to the studio, don't know why. We went to the 'Crawl' last w/e and saw Jena (sp) and Charmian.
Har har, Bob, good one. Yes, I am certainly enjoying myself, every step of the way.
Cec, I have heard so much about your visit, Jeff is still marveling over it. I can't believe you kept it secret for so many months! good job!
Post a Comment