22.11.07

Leah's Beaver


So, Leah's new experiment is felting beaver fur. Yes, that's right. I said beaver. We've been saying beaver a lot. She has got three pelts from the people she knows at the Manitoba Trappers' Assoc and she is experimenting with how to make her own beaver felt. Beaver, beaver beaver.
First, she made me touch the beaver. She had to pluck the beaver. Then she had to shave the beaver to get the soft underfur off the skin. Beaver skin. I watched and giggled like a maniac, and she giggled too, every time one of us said "beaver."
It's art - and it will be good, she has an ambitious, controversial and very interesting piece in mind, and once it is made maybe I will be able to describe it without laughing too much. Haaaaa beaver.

2 comments:

Jes said...

She made me touch the beaver. She had to shave the beaver. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! HAAAAAAAAA!!!

RL said...

I KNOW!