3.11.08

Mani the Follower

On the way to ultimate yesterday morning, we noticed Mani leave the house at the same time as us. He trotted up the street after us and I kept turning around to tell him to go home, but he just looked up at me and kept on coming. It was cute, but I knew eventually he had to go back, since he couldn't make it all the way to the park with us. He's done this before, and we always feel silly trying to have a reasonable conversation with him on the street, "we're not doing anything exciting, and anyways you can't come with us, just turn around and go home now - Mani!! Are you listening to me!?"
He followed us all the way to 22nd, and we thought he'd turn back because of the traffic . . . but once we were across we saw him trying to cross too! It's a busy street! I just about had a heart attack! Carson had to pick him up and take him home and put him inside!

No comments: