Poor little guy, he spent the night at the vet's office. I took him in yesterday morning, Mani had gotten in a fight, we reckoned, and had the stuffing beat out of him. He had a huge wound on his side, which had become really gross. I borrowed Hailey's catbox since we only have cardboard boxes, and I didn't want to try that. I took him in a taxi and he freaked right out because of all the noises. We got into the examination room and the nurse had a quick look at him, I knew we were in trouble from her reaction, a very
quiet, slow "ohhh nooo . . . " which scared me quite badly.While we were calming down from the ride and getting used to the room, I snapped some pictures of him poking around the room.
Basically, once the doctor came in I started tearing up, knowing what was coming. Everything was wrong, his wound was abcessed, he was dehydrated, had had a fever, fleas and hadn't had any shots in forever. I felt ashamed for being so shitty. I didn't know anything about what extra care is required for outside cats, and since they became outsideys in March we have changed nothing. We're bastards. I phoned Carson for a quick conference and decision, and we decided to get the surgery for Mani and I left him there overnight. I felt very bad leaving him there. I also felt bad telling Carson how much it would cost.
No comments:
Post a Comment