








Weekend fun as per usual with the Baird/Skywalker/Copperbottom Clan!
Hailey and Seabass came over on Saturday bearing gifts. Hailey brought the makings for apple crisp and proceeded to bake it for everyone to enjoy. The two of us shot the shit in the kitchen while Carson and Seabass played riotously outside. Hailey also brought a box of wine to help soothe the ache of my stupid broken baby toe (which I broke the second time almost two years to the day I broke it the first time, so dumb, although less dramatic than last time) which, of course, helped considerably, along with the good company.
After Carson and Seabass came in, Carson changed into his "evening" clothes (a shirt and tie) from his "afternoon" clothes (a tshirt and jeans).
Miles came home from work and flipped on the hockey game. We watched Detroit smash Pittsburgh, and Seabass and I cheered but we were the only ones in the room rooting for the Red Wings.
I ordered a massive amount of Chinese food and we all started moaning about it not coming soon enough, and then when the doorbell rang, we were all surprised and wondered who was at the door.
The night descended into tomfoolery and wrestling as usual at 3162 and we laughed and laughed and enjoyed every second of it, eventually all cuddling up in front of the television for the late movie: Superman II. Bad-ass!
The Skywalker-Copperbottoms ended up spending the night (or as it is known in these parts, "sleepovering"), and Sebastian and I crawled into bed quite late, read a story (Richard Scarry's Pie Rats Ahoy) and conked out.
In the morning we drank copious morning beverages on the back deck and heated up some Chinese leftovers before really getting the day started around noon by getting dressed (me).
Sunday evening on the bus out to my Uncle David's for dinner, I finished Silas Marner by George Eliot and deeply identified with Silas when he said to Eppie, "We have a wonderful life."
No comments:
Post a Comment