This week I have impressed my students' mothers tremendously by showing up
for work with a busted-up toe. It's really the dumbest thing ever, but the moms were all so concerned and on Monday John's mom said "I think you are wonderful - you work hard!" It took forever for her to say it, and she said it with great difficulty, and then was concerned about her correctness, but I was extremely flattered (although feeling a little undeserving). My student Lisa's brother has recently broken his toe also, and the doctor recommended to them that he should stop his skating lessons, which apparently has made him really grumpy the last three weeks. Seeing me show up yesterday with my little taped-up toesies blew his mind! He was fascinated by the rainbow of bruise colours all down the side and it seems to have cheered him up considerably!
No comments:
Post a Comment