25.11.07

Last night was a freakin' blast! We had company over to Marcy's house for dinner and visiting and games.

We invited Charis, who is Marcy's best friend, (who I had met years ago when she came to Korea to visit Marcy, so it was nice to see her again) and her husband Mark and kids. Michael and Mae came over too. Marcy's boyfriend DJ came back over, too.
Here is a picture of Mikey and I in Marcy's awesome kitchen!
Marcy cooked up a storm, she made a green salad, spaghetti and sauce. Charis brought a chocolate cake that she made, and Mike and Mae brought garlic bread and lots of wine. We moved two tables and every chair in the house into the dining room so everybodycould sit together and we feasted. After dinner and much chatting and drinking of wine, we busted out the board games.

Marcy's roommates Veridy and Darryl had come home from their romantic dinner by then, and Veridy and I made sure we were sitting across from each other so we could be on the same team so we could shout together instead of at each other. The game we played was called Catch Phrase, which involves SHOUTING LOTS! Obviously, I loved it. Some lame people at the party didn't play (DJ, Mark, and Mark's oldest daughter Raven, LAME!) but everybody else crowded around the dining room table to shout at each other. Marcy, Veridy, Mae and I were a killer team. Mae was hilarious and kept acting out her words like it was Charades and saying "wow!" lots. Marcy used dirty words to clue me in, which made us an awesome team. Veridy is super intense at it, and her and I were definitely the Shoutey McShoutersons of the group. I'm pretty sure we whupped the other lame loser team of Mike, Charis, Darryl and Mark's youngest daughter Neve (who was not a party pooper like her dad and sister). On one turn, Neve said "it's a band and they fight a lot" and Mike immediately got "Oasis". On another turn, I got Veridy to say Geiger Counter, what the hell, right? But she got it from my half assed explanation!
It was a really freakin' awesome time.

No comments: