20.10.07

Who's in freakin' PARIS?

I am!
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
Haaaaaaaaaaaaa!
I said sleepy goodbyes over hot tea this morning to Jose Antonio, who was a fantastic host. What a cutie he is! I just had a fabulous time.
Then I rode the wobbly Brussels tram wobbling with my big pack and I got to Bruxelles Midi with four minutes to spare (in fact they were making the announcement "the train is leaving now" as I flopped into my seat) and promptly snoozed on my fold down tray, to the positive delight of my neighbour.
It was the fast train to Paris Nord (thank the spaghetti monster the French rail strike ended) and I arrived in Paris 80 minutes later. I dodged rugby fans with their jerseys and scarves and soldiers with tremendous guns and shiny boots in the busy station. I bought a map in the train station and proceeded to follow it to my lodgings for the day. There were not many spaces at hostels so I had to book a room in a budget hotel, then tomorrow I will move to a hostel. I found it and this internet shop easy peasy lemon squeezy. There's a bakery across the street and I'm in freakin' Paris!
I have Christina's phone number (friend of the family-ish) and I hope to meet with her to enjoy some sandwiches ... or whatever.
Right now though I am going out a-walkin' and a-sandwichin'.

2 comments:

Shells Bells said...

C'est bon! Eat lots of cheese and bread for me!

RL said...

I'm eating for at least two or three people . . .