I am leaving in the morning! By tomorrow night I will be in Mongolia, a day after that entering Russia, and then four days later arriving in Moscow.
I have had an absolutely fabulous time in China. The people I've met have been stellar, the places I've been have been awesome, and I have been safe and happy the whole time.
Yesterday I hiked around 14kms of the Great Wall, which was AWESOME! It was perfect, rough and steep terrain and spectacular views.
Let the picture do the talking:
Today I slept in, ate a buffet breakfast, did laundry, said good bye to some friends who were moving on, wandered around the Forbidden City (the first time in days that I was touristing by myself), worked a little on my farmer's sunburn from the hike yesterday, I got some money changed into US dollars, I got a sandwich and a banana for a snack before dinner, I'm doing good.
Now I am going to record the last two days in my travel journal, eat my snack sandwich, and rest up my tired feet.
I have had an absolutely fabulous time in China. The people I've met have been stellar, the places I've been have been awesome, and I have been safe and happy the whole time.
Let the picture do the talking:
Today I slept in, ate a buffet breakfast, did laundry, said good bye to some friends who were moving on, wandered around the Forbidden City (the first time in days that I was touristing by myself), worked a little on my farmer's sunburn from the hike yesterday, I got some money changed into US dollars, I got a sandwich and a banana for a snack before dinner, I'm doing good.
Now I am going to record the last two days in my travel journal, eat my snack sandwich, and rest up my tired feet.
2 comments:
14km of Great Wall, that'll be the Jinshanling to Simatai section? I did that, I was absolutely kakked by the end of it, much better than Badaling though (the touristy rebuilt bit)
Yup, it was much much better than Badaling (which was beautiful but not a hike) and we were stiff as hell the next day. It was totally worth it though! Highlight of Beijing.
Post a Comment