

One of my favourite things about our client families is when the moms try to feed me. Some of my students' mothers provide little snacks for me during my lessons, and some mothers try to feed me dinner, and some mothers try to stuff bags of muffins or tiny oranges in my purse on my way out the door. Usually the snacks are sweet things that the mothers hope I will enjoy, and when they bring the tray they look at me questioningly, as if I would ever refuse any food of any kind! One mother carefully makes a cup of real filter coffee just for me because she thought I wouldn't like Korean instant coffee (with milk and sugar, or mocha flavoured) and I drink it because she gets a kick out of it, even though I am not normally a coffee drinker. Last night when I arrived at a house to do some consulting about lesson plans and whatnot, the mom tried to give me a whole log-shaped cake! I wasn't even there to do lessons, just to drop off books and chat with them! I'm not even the kids' tutor, it's another one of our tutors!
No comments:
Post a Comment