15.1.09

Twilight

I hadn't heard much about the book Twilight, except that it was a new movie coming out, when my fave little girl Joonie Joons lent me her copy. On the bus ride home that night I cracked it open. Joons always expects me to have read the book by the following week, so it's always best to get started on that long Tuesday night bus ride home. She told me she really loved it and it was full of action. As I read the first few pages I got a good sense of what was coming. Then, a woman who was on the bus with me noticed the book and turned to speak to me about it. She gushed so hard about it I was a little uncomfortable. "It's so romantic and dangerous," that kind of thing. I started to wonder what a grade sixer like Joons was doing reading a book that a grown woman talked about like a romance novel! After that bus ride I started noticing Twilight mania everywhere. My grown cousins gushed on facebook, young people were talking about it in the Port Moody library (always the heartbeat of what's cool), and the two times I took the book out to try to read it I became involved in conversations on it.
So, Mani and I decided to take it seriously and give it a good read, then we can give Joons a full report when she comes back.

No comments: