24.9.08

Last Big Summer BBQ

These are the only ones I snapped with my camera phone during our last Saturday afternoon do a few weeks ago. Lots of lovely people came (I mean, the same usual lovely people who come all the time) and we ate, drank and made merry in the sunny weather. We got the Tiki-Soakee out and all the little ones got into it. The grownups relaxed with beverages, except Carson's workmate Richard, who dropped off his wife and kids and resisted the pull of the party to go to work for a few hours! He came back eventually, but we needled him for leaving. We cooked up a storm as usual: delicious grilled chicken Niçoise salad with tiny little red potatoes, cucumber and radish wraps with dill dressing, and of course the omnipresent marinated grilled steak (the marinade was mint, pepper and tarragon - so delicious). We drank our wine out of pink plastic picnic cups (it's ok - it only just came out of a box) and enjoyed all being in the green, shady haven of my backyard.

I'm not sure what game was being played in these pictures, but it looks like all the boys got out and played some kind of volleyball with a beach ball, using the badminton net. I don't know exactly the rules, but clearly in the top left picture, Terry is cheating madly by grabbing Carson's arm. Go Terry!
We met Marilyn's new roommate, who seems really nice. They both stuck around late and played board games.
I can't remember much except having fun, my memories of bbqs are usually muddled with love, wine and meat aromas.

2 comments:

Smokingloon said...

Don't let the BBQ get too dusty, Saejin and I can't wait to sit on the deck and enjoy your cooking next year.

RL said...

Not on my watch, Metcalf.