26.6.08

I'm pretty much on vacation the next two weeks. I only have a few lessons each week as most of my students are going away. It means a pay cut, but I can find solace for that in my garden and my country-music radio.
Mrs Choi and I stayed up late last night using Excel to make our new schedule, making phone calls and slotting all the kids into new times for the two months for vacation times. This is to coordinate with our summer camp which is starting in two weeks. I was told repeatedly by her that I need a vacation, and I kept disagreeing with her heartily. I think she's just saying it because she figures everybody needs one, and that I worked so hard at school.
My hard work paid off: I got on Capilano College University's Merit List for having a perfect GPA during the winter, which I guess I knew because I knew my grades already, but it was nice to get the letter. Marilyn found the letter tucked amongst books and papers on my desk when she was characteristically nosing around and she teased me and told me I was a show-off. I told her that I only got A at UBC, so I guess that evens out!!! HA!!!
Thus Mrs Choi thought I deserved a vacation. She thought I was getting stressed out. I am so far from stressed. Although if I had some money . . .
Where would I go? I have lots of friends I would love to visit . . . . I can think of a few places south of the border, or even closer, but then I'd have to pack a bag . . . leave my garden.
Nope! I am still in the honeymoon phase with my house, my people and Vancouver generally.

2 comments:

Bethles said...

When you get bored, there's always Hawaii! You have a free place to stay and free food. :) Now if those darn plane tickets weren't so expensive!

RL said...

Thanks Beth! It is awfully tempting, your pictures are always scrumptious!