I did yoga today for the first time in many many months (excepting the handful of feeble times I snuck in a few sun salutations in my parents' kitchen on cold mornings in the winter to warm up while the tea kettle boiled) and it kicked my ass. This morning I watched one of the yoga dvds Patricia sent me and it was so awesome! I loved every second of it - even the meditation bit at the end where they encourage you to concentrate on personal transformation with metaphors and whatnot. It was hard and I was sweating like crazy by the end. I don't usually have the patience for the meditation (missing the point, I know right?) but being talked through it made it easier to not get distracted. I used to fall asleep during meditation - Patricia used to tease me about my crappy concentration.
The instructor kept saying "feel the power" in this or that part, but it is clear to me that I have no power anywhere anymore. All my poses were so wobbly! Wobbly and half-assed. I'm so excited to do yoga every morning now! I bet I'll be hurting later on today .. . . it will be a good hurt. In the living room there is lots of space, as soon as all my housemates leave for work. Next time though, I will put the cats outside first, as Mani came up and tried to join me by winding his tail around my legs and tripping me up.
No comments:
Post a Comment