22.3.08

Happy Easter!

I'm in the OK visiting my family for the long weekend. I rode the midnight hound up on Friday night after my tutoring appointments. I was hoping to get a good night's snooze on the bus but that midnight run now goes up the Hope-Princeton which is so twisty-turny that I had a hard time snuggling up to the arm rest. Plus the bus had had a proper cold soak, as Gramps would say, and it took until Chilliwack to warm up a little.
Nevertheless I was delighted to arrive and see Lake Okanagan in the wee hours of Saturday morning. I never get tired of these mountains!
We went to visit Gramps at the Village and bothered him as much as we could then came home to eat and visit. I have brought schoolwork but of course there will probably be so much eating and visiting that I won't get any done. Auntie Emily and Cecil will be cooking the ham later and Emily's good friends Sarah and Scotty the Hottie are coming to join us. Isley is excited because she is pretty much in love with Scotty.
Grandma cooked up two dozen hard-boiled eggs for us and we coloured them all in about five minutes. We've been snacking on them now and again and the most colourful are by far the tastiest! There is lots of food around and I am getting ready (mentally and pantsfully) for the Easter ham (and scalloped potatoes, and asparagus and hollandaise sauce, and roasted squash and garlic & lemon spinach - even though Gramma and I haven't been helping in the kitchen we are paying attention!).

No comments: