13.11.07

It's Like Your Boyfriend, Only Better!

It's true.
I am safely in New York City.
I am staying with the Infamous Ms Kelly, who is so grown up! You would be so proud of her! I certainly am. She is a proper full lawyer person now, with a job that pays well and a nice apartment, a nice boyfriend (Tim, also a lawyer), and many many nice clothes which I am so jealous of since she is still as tiny and cute as ever!

We had a fab day wandering around today, she took a personal day from work so we could hang out. She wrote everybody an email saying "I will be out of the office tomorrow" so professional like.
We slept in (oooooh, 9 o'clock) and went for breakfast around the corner from Sarah's place. It was a tiny but busy little joint called Effy's Cafe. I had a bacon and egg bagel. Toasty and delicious!
Her neighbourhood is the Upper East Side. She lives close to many restaurants and bars, and there's a post office nearby and a dry cleaner's across the street so we dropped off some laundry (suits for her, socks and undies for me!) on our way to brekky.
After brekky we walked over to Central Park and then towards downtown. We walked as far as Columbus Circle and stopped in the mall there. Sarah bought a beautiful red wool winter coat (again with the jealousy) and we stopped in the Williams Sonoma to marvel over their fancy cooking pans and gourmet cake mixes. I was so into their fancy entertaining cookbooks. Mmm, pretty food.
After that we rode the subway downtown and wandered around the village and then farther downtown. The sun came out and it was beautiful. Finally, we came back uptown to her place. She has to do a little work (on her other computer) so I am taking the time to blog.

It is fantastic! I love Sarah! I love New York! I love America!
We are meeting friends tonight for dinner and drinks and I will be posting pictures . . . .

2 comments:

Jes said...

Just a little follow up to our pay phone conversation: not only will using them alert everybody to the fact that you are a TERRORIST, but I think they're probably really dirty, too.

Dirty in a bad way, I mean.

RL said...

HAAAAAAA!!! I should avoid using mailboxes too, especially with all the white powder on my hands!!