7.10.07

I have just had an awesome, awesome time in Munich.
Even though I spent four nights here, I can't say that I saw much of the city. Park and I walked through the old town and past the city hall on Saturday afternoon. We went to the info desk at Hotel Deutsches Eiche which is the gay hotel and the nice clerk gave us some ideas for places to go out for the night. On our way there and back, we passed probably some very important city sights.
We also bought Bavarian maid dresses! HAA!!! On our walk around town we passed a department store and saw the dirndles in the window and went in to try them on. It's the only souvenir I've bought so far (excepting postcards) and I will have to find another occasion to wear it! Some people look really cute in their Bavarian costumes, but the two of us looked very silly. We wore them down to the Oktoberfest grounds yesterday and every time we looked at each other we burst out laughing. It was the last day yesterday and the festival grounds were packed. We were feeling pretty rough since we had been out so late the night before and been so very drunk.






Oktoberfest is hilarious, now it's 6am and I came into the internet shop again at the train station, and there's people sleeping it off in the back, and some guys with their silly hats on and beers still up from yesterday! I'm only awake this early because I have to catch a train.

No comments: